Saturday, May 10, 2008

Non BBQ

So, since the bbq was cancelled, the girls decided that they still wanted to go out. I wasn't too keen at first as I was still really upset about my plans falling through and I wasn't in a socializing mood. I just wanted to wallow in my misery.

However, I realized that I did not want to stay at home even more! Did not want to have to face my mom at home. So I begged to be allowed to join after telling them that I didn't want to. Luckily they graciously say yes :)

It was a long discussion on where we wanted to go but we finally decided that we would go to the airport to have sushi. Shanice drove her Ferlorry to come pick us up and we made our way there.

We reached at about 7pm and then proceeded terminal hopping to see all the restaurants/food options. WT called and asked to joined so it was another person to our group. We finally decided on Sakae Sushi was it was the least fattening and we were craving Jap.

Luckily we did not opt for the Supper Buffet as we calculated it would only be worth it if we ate a total of 50 plates of 2 piece sushi among the 5 of us. So instead we ordered ala carte which had great variety and less rice (carbs are a killer!) The meal turned out to be cheaper than what the buffet would have cost, we were all full and we ate the stuff we liked without the rice.

It was then off to Coffee Bean for round 2 ...


The Flourless Chocolate cake that looked fascinating and it tasted pretty good. It was made of fudge and biscuits. I expected something more of a cake texture.




"Tiramisu". We wanted a basis for comparison but this was HORRIBLE! U can't call this Tiramisu cos its NOT! LC and Shanice, I have confidence that yrs would taste 10x better!




Shanice, Me, Huiyi and Evon ..... WT was the photographer :)



We stayed and chat till about 4am before making our way home. Parking costs us $15. Shanice's cashcard didn't have enough $ but luckily Evon had one in her wallet.

Shanice dropped me off first and on the way to Evon's it started pouring and I was told visibility was really bad. Thankfully everyone made it safe and sound home. Another fun nite .. thanks!

P.S. Thanks to Evon for the grp pic :)