Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

Met up with the gang for dinner. It's supposed to be a belated bday celebration for Ben and I.

Since I was too lazy to take a long ass bus ride to East Coast, my sis and I caught a cab. Which was fortunate as it started to rain the moment we got onto the cab. Thankfully the rain stopped when we reached there.

Yvonne was the one that recommended this place, Beach Cabana, at East Coast to have dinner. She said that she has been there a few times and it was not bad. I didn't know where exactly the place was and we got a little lost. I got a little frustrated trying to find it and KL finally took pity on me, had me wait at Coffee Bean and then came over to save me :)


By the time I got there, it seems like more than half the beer was gone! Haha ... that is what u get when u put guys together.




Don't worry, I got my share of booze. The food was really yummy too. For some reason I was pretty hungry and ate quite a bit of my sis's ribs.




I got a platter which included prawns, lamb and chicken. All meats are grilled on charcoal and I just love the taste of charcoal grilled food.




The gals.




Kelvin wanted to join us for a shot too.




Group pic!



Would definitely head back there again and best of all, the place is open 24hrs! I just wish it was more accessible to one who has to rely on public transport.

After dinner, we headed to McD for dessert and coffee. We started reminiscing about SI days and our Kelvin seems to have a photographic memory! He could remember so many details, even down to what the person was wearing on that day.

Me? I was one of the ones with the blank look, giving the "Did that happen?" gaze. I wonder how someone is able to retain so much info whereas I can't seem to remember anything. My SI days were not that bad that I had to block stuff out, was it?

It was a great way to start off the new year and hopefully there will be many more to come!