Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Choosy Serena chooses Jif!

Well, ever since I came back to Singapore, I have been searching high and low for Jif peanut butter .. I like the crunchy one. However I could not find it, everytime I stepped into a grocery store, I would go to the peanut butter section to check it out. They have the S'pore favourite Skippy and then Planters, PeterPan and some other unknown store brands but NEVER Jif. It is the best peanut butter ... right, Nikki? :)

Anyway, I had almost given up hope when today I was shopping at the newly opened Giant supermarket at Tampines and as I was walking past the store ads, guess what I saw?!?!

---My fave blue capped bottle! I almost jumped for joy! They have it and it was on sale! The usual price is S$6.30? Holy crap! In the US I paid less than US$3 a bottle. Well, it is an import, so I guess I can't complain. Look, it say it's "From USA"

Happily I went to the peanut butter section and searched high and low but I could not spot it! A tear formed ... haha, ok, I wasn't that dramatic .... but I was mighty upset. I hunted down someone who worked there and she told me they were out of stock but it would be in on Fri. :(

Looks like I will be making my way down to Giant on Fri ... or I can check out the other store at Vivocity. Can't wait to get my hands on a bottle! And u know what goes with peanut butter?

A SPOON! :)

After grocery shopping, we made our way to Bedok where we had Oyster Omelette. Yum! This is my, as my mom puts it, day of sin. I ate till I was so full but it was so good and the oysters were plentiful and pretty big.

--- My plate that I finished .... check out the oysters at the back!

Well .... back to my diet tomorrow!