Tuesday, April 17, 2007

The Kissing Game

Met up with KL for dinner tonite and after that we headed to Starbucks for one of our long talks. We started talking about kissing and that was when the question popped up.

"When in the relationship should u expect your first kiss?"

In the 6 years I was in the US, I have adapted to the culture there somewhat. If a guy likes me and takes me out on a first date, I would expect him to kiss me. Hopefully somewhere on the mouth, cheek is fine. A chaste peck or serious french kissing ... well, that depends on the situation ;) But I have never been one to shy away from a first kiss too soon if I like the guy.

We then started talking about the dating game here and how it is all different. My bro once told me that, in the US, u get to know someone by dating them. However, in Singapore, u know someone b4 u start dating them.

So I got curious and decided to ask my friend LC when did her hubby first kissed her. She said that she did not remember but it was within 2 weeks. However, we can't ignore the fact that they were friends for a long time b4 they started dating. So I guess her example does not help. But she made a point, she said "Over here, ppl are together b4 they kiss" Which is basically what my bro said...

Is that true? How am I supposed to adapt my way of thinking to the guys over here, when and if a guy comes along?

Haha, then we started talking about bad kissing ...

"Would u dump someone that does not know how to kiss?"

I have never kissed an Asian b4, that peck on the cheek by that Korean does not count. After it happened, I was like "Oh, do u like me? Sorry, u have taken too long to express your feelings" ... talk about SLOW!!

I have heard that Asians are bad kissers ... forgot who I heard it from ... But I guess I am kinda stereotyping them b4 I have even experienced it.

But can u imagine a guy that slobbers all over u or someone that kissed like he wants to eats u up and looks like those fishes that keep opening and closing their mouth?

EEEWWWW GROSS!!!

Can u teach a guy to be a better kisser or is it inbred? U either got it or u don't .... I think a bad kisser would turn me off, so far the guys I have kissed were not too bad, but there was one that had absolutely no sparks, which was kinda sad as he was a great guy. Maybe I might try to teach him a few things ... haha, I am talking like I am the expert :) .... but I believe that there are some things that can't be taught.