Wednesday, February 13, 2008

7th Day of the Lunar Calendar

We celebrate the Lunar New Year for 15 days and on the 7th day is what they call 人日, which basically means "people's day" and on this day, its everyone's bday.

Anway, we decided to have dinner at home with my bro and Ash. Ash was a little late as it was that day that the trains decided to malfunction. She had to make a detour and then catch a bus after giving up on waiting for it to be fixed. They kept announcing that the trains would resume in 5 mins. If anyone's interested, she was interviewed about it in the newspapers the following day.

She finally arrived and dinner was underway ....

---


The star of the dinner :)

---

Ok, this was the star .... 盆菜 (Pen Cai) There Albalone, Roast Pork, "Hair" (The black thing is a type of sea weed), Dried Oysters and Mushrooms.

---

And my fave ... Yusheng again! The 7th day is when it is actually supposed to be eaten.

---

Shrimp fried with Onions.

---

Roast Chicken that my dad de-boned. Slightly overdone but just the way I like it. Carbon .. yum!

---

Steamed Sea Bass with Fried Shallots and Garlic.

---

Pork Rib Soup with Pig Stomach.

---

Broccoli with Scallop. Wish my mom didn't coat the scallops with flour b4 she fried them ... but still nice.

---

And for dessert ... Chocolate Cake that Ash bought!

Ate so much .... that's it, that is going my last big meal until my sis's bday on 12th Mar. I hate the holidays because of all the temptation and my lack of will....

ARGH!