Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Guilt trip or just being nice?

My mom does things sometimes that are so nice that I just can't help feeling guily/loved/suspicious/grateful/appreciative.....

It might sound like a simple thing but it meant alot to me. Well, u all know that my daily breakfast is cereal, Post's Banana Nut Crunch, and coffee. Its standard, I have been eating it almost everyday since I came home. And I get grumpy if I don't get a chance to eat it because my parents cooked something else.

Anyway, I usually eat a bowl of it and a box would last me about 4 1/2 days. My mom has been buying it for me but I do get it sometimes when I know I'm running out and my mom hasn't. I don't ask my mom to get it as she tends to complain. She has always nagged about how exp it is and yes, it is more exp than the regular cereals. It comes up to about S$1.20 for each bowl. Well, sometimes when they want to go out to eat, I would tell my mom, its ok, I'll just stay home and eat my cereal, it's only then that its "cheaper". I have tried paying for it when we go to the store together but she never takes my $ but yet she will continue to complain that its exp. I don't understand her at all.....

I guess it is my "safe" food cos I NEVER gain weight eating it. Its nutritious, crunchy, sweet but not overly so, there's walnuts, oat clusters, the yummy banana taste .... It's everything good in a bowl!

Well, my mom's last purchase of 5 boxes were dwindling down to the last box. I was lazy to go get more and since I was going out on Wed, decided that I would get some then. So began cereal rationing .... I wanted to have it for dinner last nite but I knew that that meant no cereal on Wed morn so searched for something else instead.

Anyway, I came down this morning and my mom had gone out earlier and there was a brand new box of cereal on the table! My mom said she got me one box to tie me over cos its expensive now (she's waiting for it to go on sale).

This is not the first time she has kept track of my cereal and bought me some just as I was about to finish. Its time like that that I feel guilty for not doing something my mom asks me to do or when I complain about the tons of stuff my mom cooks, "yelling" at her when she buys stuff for me to eat which I would eat if not for my food paranoia.

Wonder if I can stretch a box out to 5 days?

Thanks, Mom .....