Sunday, November 16, 2008

Lions' Charter Nite

This is a very late post ... sorry, but it has just been madness this past week. I can be home but still working at 9+pm till 11+pm.

Anyway, last Sun was my boss' Lions Club of Singapore Zenith Charter Night and he invited me to the dinner they were hosting. D would have gone if there had been a vegetarian option, but unfortunately there wasn't.

The event was held at NUS and in the begining I was thinking of following my cousin, Charmaine's train and bus way but in the end I took the lazy way out and hailed a cab .... cost me $16 :P I was dressed up, so it was $$ well spent.


Their flag.




Going on stage to take their oath. My cousin is the one on the far right.




My boss, the president of the the club, taking the gavel.




Some trophy?




Official certificate.




The flag ... hmm... is there another name for it?




All the different countries' flags where Lions roam.




Woohoo ... ceremony is over! Jordan is 3rd from the right.



Dinner was ok, I thought the same meal we had the next day was slightly better than the actual day's food. The reason we had an extra "free" meal was because there were empty tables and they allowed us to come back they next day to consume it as there was no refunds.

I sat with my my cousin's wife, Melissa, their kids and my 姑妈. Drank alot of free flow beer ... prob would have drank more if my 姑妈 wasn't sitting beside me watching me .. haha

Left b4 midnight as we all had to work the next day ... wouldn't it be nice if my boss had told us we could come in later?