Sunday, November 9, 2008

Bejing Bound Ben's Back!

Umm .... do I need to explain why I have not been updating much? Fine .... 3 letters ... HKO :)

Anyway, its over for now, so I should be updating more often unless I get pissed off again by dumbass ppl!

So ..... Ben is back for about 2 weeks and so we decided to meet up for dinner. We were planning to go to East Coast but it was too far for KL, plus it was a Sun nite and he had to be up early for sch the next morning. Since he was not joining, we changed location to Serangoon Gardens (it would still be far for him, as he lives in the deserted part of Spore ... ok, I am exaggerating slightly)

Ben came by to pick me up and we made our way to Gardens, wanting to eat at Cafe Cartel. I was dreaming of their BBQ ribs since the afternoon ... however, because of someone we had to change venue ....


This is the "someone" Snowball!



Cafe Cartel does not allow dogs so we had to go to another place that did. Ben, Huiyi, my sis and I waited for a moment b4 Evon joined us but she then said the food here was not good :( We were thinking of changing venues once again but because we did not know where would definitely allow pets, we decided to just stick with where we were at. Its the company, not the food ....

It was surprising that the food was not horrible, I mean, it was not great but I have definitely had worse :)


Fried Baby Squid




Dory Fish with Salad




Chicken with Veggies




Battered Fish with Fries




Umm, some other chicken with Veggies .... its with some pasta cream sauce, not bad.




Waffle with Ice Cream and Banana




Chocolate with Lychee




Brownie with Ice Cream. The brownie was moist and chocolaty



The only thing bad was it was pretty exp. With dessert and drinks, each of us had to pay almost $30 AND they do not serve ice water! "We have mineral water u can pay for ..." Oh well .....

We did not stay out that late as most of us had to work the next day. We are planning another meet up on Thurs, one that KL can make it to :P