Saturday, August 8, 2009

Day 1 - SGP -> BKK -> Rayong -> Pattaya -> Rayong

Did not sleep much the nite b4 as I was busy packing. Our flight was at 0740hrs so we had to be at the airport at about 6am. My dad gave me a ride to the airport which saved me a cab ride :)

It was 2 1/2hrs plane ride and we reached BKK @ about 9+ BBK time and we immediately left for Rayong which was 2 1/2hrs away. We got lost along the way and our driver had to ask for directions... sigh.


We finally reached our resort (Novotel) at about 12+ in the afternoon. It was a pretty nice resort.




We each had our own rooms.



After a quick dumping of our bags, we headed down to the spa within the resort. The resort is pretty isolated, so there wasn't ANYTHING to do but stay within the resort.


D and I while waiting for our massages.



There could only be a max of 3 ppl massaging at the same time, therefore we girls did our first and then the guys later on. The guys went for lunch while we were having our massages.

After our massages, we headed to the pool for a quick dip and I tried to catch a few rays but the weather was pretty crappy. Did not have much time to relax b4 J approached me and told me that we were leaving in 15mins (@4pm) to go for a nite trip to Pattaya.

I quickly rushed to my room, changed my clothes and then we were off to Pattaya ... it was about an 1 1/2 car ride.


We went to see a Thai Girl show ... which is basically transvestites singing and dancing on stage. Some of the "girls" are actually quite pretty and really make u look twice.



I have to say that I was pretty impressed with the costumes and set which were pretty fancy. All the singing was prerecorded :P

After the show, it was close to 8pm and our driver dropped us off at an area where we could find food and do a little shopping as there was a temp nite bazaar nearby.


We had a pretty good dinner .. way too much food!




Luckily I had some beer to wash it all down ;)




After dinner, we still had plenty of time so we all went for foot massages! The 2 guys refused to look at the camera!



After we were done with the massages, it left us with a little time to walk the nite bazaar but most of the stores were about to close.

Our driver came back to pick us up at 11pm and then it was another 1 1/2hrs ride back to Rayong. I did not go to bed till about 1+am ....