Monday, February 12, 2007

Singapore Idler No More ....

So, it was kinda stressful waiting for Mon to come. I half expected them to call and say, "Sorry, u are too much trouble, we decided not to offer u a job after all. Bye." Yes, that is the "glass is half empty" me talking. However, I also knew that if they were not reasonable in their negotiations, I was prepared to say no. I was ready either way, I even started looking at the employment ads again.

Susan called this morning at 10+, her usual time. She said that she has discussed it with her boss and they have agreed to my counter offer .... and it was the first offer of $300 more. WTF? She then mentioned again about how they are going to groom/train me for an AM role and that there will be lots of responsibilities, blah, blah, blah .... She then asked whether that is ok with me or if I needed more time to think about it. I told her no. She then gave me details on when I was starting, where, what I needed, etc.

And then I had to confirm again, cos it was still unbelievable that they would give me my higher offer and I said I would settle for less. She said yes .... Hmm, I still better read the fine print on the appointment letter :) Who knows what they might cut?

So, the lesson learnt?

Ask and thou SHALL receive! :)