Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Sorry for not updating in so long but now that I have started work, I am hardly online ...

The first day of work was fine. There were 2 other girls that started too but they are going to be posted to the airport. We did mainly briefing that day, was told was to do and what not to do, very boring stuff. Was placed on the shop floor for awhile and it was quite fun. It's nice to be surrounded by all the bags and trying them on for size :)

I have been place with another senior in the store who just so happens to be my bro's friend's friend. He is really nice and very enthusiastic about his job. Too bad he's gay and has a bf (I also met his bf that day .. I was introduced as "Sherwin's sister" :P

There is alot of paperwork involved when making a sale which I find really tedious but I guess when u are dealing with goods that are worth hundreds, it is inevitable.

Will be going to a company dinner later tonite, it's supposed to be for celebrating the lunar new year I guess. It will be a great opportunity to meet all the big guns of the company. It is going to be all the way at East Coast Jumbo restaurant and I have yet to decide how to go there. My mom is afraid that I might get lost if I drive but if I don't it would mean taking a cab to and fro.

Talking about cars, my parents have bought a new car, or should I say, a MPV (multi person vehicle) and will be trading in the current car. It was something that I was against, but it is not my money and I technically have no say in it. I wanted them to get a smaller car and then keep the current car but they decided to get a bigger one altogether. What is the point in getting a huge car? How often are we going to go out as a family and fully utilize the 7 seats? Moreover, I heard from my mom that when my bro and sis have a kid, they would be getting a car on their own.

Anyway, it is already done .. now if I would to drive that huge monstrousity on the crowded S'pore roads and park on the tiny lots, I would have to make sure that I do not scratch my mom's new baby.