Wednesday, February 21, 2007

This Lunar New Year just did not feel right. You would think that after 6 years away, I would feel the atmosphere here but unfortunately I did not. Yes, I did go down to Chinatown, saw the decorations, see the new year goodies, I did go visiting, collected some ang pow, gambled, hung out with friends, but it just seem like any other day. Maybe it's because my dad isn't in town and we did not spend it like we used to ....

And for one thing, I have yet to have my yusheng! :(

Anways, on the first day, my forth uncle's family and my brother came to visit. We woke up early expecting them at around 8+am but they did not show up until 10.30am. We were almost ready to throw in the towel and head back to bed when they arrived.

On the second day, I finally made my way out of the hse. We went to visit a neighbor that lived about 3mins away. She always has a huge gathering at her place, would hire a caterer and invite a lion dance troupe.



Ok, maybe that did put me in a little in the lunar new year mood (btw, that is where I caught the fake coach bag too, in case anyone is curious). It has been awhile since I have caught a lion dance act so it was really quite fun.

On the third day, I went over to Christine and TY's hse where we had a gathering with my pre-u friends. I love their hse! Gambled a little, lost $4 twice. Well, I lost $4 and gave up, but then Ben gave me $1 which I used to win my money back, even making a profit of $1.50, however, I lost it all again .... sigh. Ben won the most, followed by Huiyi and then Chye Huat, I think.

One more day of freedom b4 I start work tomorrow ..... will be going down to town to get some a few studs, yeah, I am switching out my hoop earrings. Hopefully with the discreet studs, they would not pick on me .... HOPEFULLY. I would hate to take them out :(