Sunday, May 10, 2009

Busy weekend ....

*FRIDAY*


My boss, Nick, and colleague, Tony, were in town over the weekend so most of the weekend were with them, entertaining them. On Fri, we met up with Nick (Tony arrived on Sat) for dinner. J and I were stuck in the office working .. mainly cos I screwed up big time on one enquiry. It was such a newbie mistake that I could have just killed myself! Luckily with help from suppliers, I was able to rectify without any lost of money. I breathed a huge sigh of relief ...

We made it to Vivo close to 8pm where the 2 bosses were waiting for us .... its like, whatever, we had to work, they could have waited all nite for all I cared. Dinner was not peaceful as there was an ongoing enquiry that I was working on. Worst part was that when they first called me, I did not hear my phone ring and thus they called my boss. And then he did sent out the enquiry but only to FOUR suppliers .... haha, FOUR? If I were to tell the head office I had sent it out to only FOUR, I would never hear the end of it.

Dinner was ok, I'm not into entertaining especially when I know how they really feel about me. But nothing could have beat the fact that Nick recognized my Chloe bag!!

ARGH!!

Hahaha ... his exact words were "That's a really nice Chloe bag u have there.." I could have fainted right then and there. OMG, I could not believe he, a guy, would even recognize my bag. He said that his fiance has that bag too but in a different color ... haha, guess she is the one that educated him on branded bags as u have to admit that Chloe is not one of the more popular brands, yes, even though my Paddington is an "it" bag .. or so they say :P

Anyway, he tried to get me to say how much the bag would have cost here but I kept mum. Come on! Everyone sitted at the table are higher ranked than me ... if I would to tell them how much I am willing to spent on a bag ... haha, NO!

Luckily dinner ended pretty early and I was able to make it back in time for Survivor :)

*SATURDAY*


Sat was another long day ... I was supposed to meet up with them all, including Tony for dinner but I had already made plans to celebrate Mother's Day and so I told my boss I could not make it.

My sis and I caught 2 movies that day, X-Men:Wolverine and Star Trek :D I had already bought tics to X-Men (in the afternoon) but since we were free later in the nite, we decided to catch Star Trek too .... hmm, guess not too many know I'm somewhat of a Trekkie ;) But pls don't ask me to quote phrases or explain warp speed, black holes, prime directive, etc. That is better left to my bro, the genuine Trekkie who actually owns a Star Trek uniform ... no kidding!

The whole family, minus my bro and sis, went out for dinner to celebrate mother's day. Nothing fancy .... haha

*SUNDAY*


I was woken early in the morning by J telling me that we have to take Nick and Tony out for lunch. Sigh, I thought we didn't have to anymore. Luckily J said that he would be able to pick me up from the station near my hse because I had no idea how to get to Tiong Bahru Market from ym hse.

He picked me up at 11.30am and we went to pick the guys up at their hotel. We then introduced local food to them. We ordered Carrot Cake, Oyster Omelette, Siew Mai, Chicken and Char Siew Pau, Roast Pork/Duck, Char Siew, Jiu Kway, Lor Mai Gai ....

The guys did not seem to eat much .... not sure if it was because they weren't really hungry or that local food wasn't to their taste. Oh well, they were the ones that wanted local cuisine.

After lunch, we dropped them back at their hotel as they were leaving to BKK in the evening. J dropped me home and it was a "bum around" the rest of the day for me :)

Next weekend .... Ben's back from China!