Saturday, May 2, 2009

Lunch before they pop :P

LC wanted to meet up with TJ b4 they both gave birth and a small gathering of us 3 gals became a group thing when both brought their hubbies so I asked Huiyi and Evon to come along too!

We decided to try out Swiss Cafe at Swissotel as there is a credit card 1 for 1 promo for their semi-buffet. Evon could only confirm at the last min and since it we became an odd number, I dragged my sis along.

Unfortunately Evon sms at about the time we were supposed to meet to say she overslept and would only be able to meet us later! My sis an I were already at City Hall mrt .... I tried to sent my sis home but she started crying ... haha, nah, she didn't and I wasn't that mean. We would just split the bill evenly.

Huiyi, my sis and I sat and waited for the 2 couples to show up .... we were starving by the time the arrived!


The appetizers and dessert were buffet style.




And then each gets 1 main course. This is LC's Cheesy Pasta.




GX and Huiyi's pathetic Grilled Sea Bass. They could have at least given more mashed potatoes!




My sis's Beef.




My Fish and Chips ... at least my piece of fish was decent.




TJ and hubby's Pork ... haha, 3 slices? Guess ppl are afraid to eat pork so they can afford to give more.






Assortment of desserts.




LC, GX, Huiyi, TJ and Hubby, Me, my sis.


The food wasn't that great but we found out that there was another credit card promo that was 50% off the total bill, thus it was perfect since we were odd numbered. Each person came out to S$22 so it wasn't that bad. I definitely would not have paid S$44 for it!

After lunch we went to do a little shopping. TJ and her hubby had to leave as they had a movie to catch. The rest of us went to Coffee Club.


Our drinks ....



Evon met us there and then we just sat and chatted .... it has been awhile since we have met up with LC and GX.

The day ended quite early most of them had plans. No complains here as it was a pretty late nite last nite and I was kinda glad to be heading home and going to bed :P