Saturday, May 30, 2009

The "I did not think I would ever ..." Sat

My colleague wanted to donate blood and asked me if I would go with her. After what happened the last time, I did not think I would ever want to go donate blood ever again. It was just a little too scary the last time and I keep thinking it could have been worse ... I could have knocked a few teeth out and/or the scar that I am left with would be a lot more obvious.

But the I have had previous good experiences with donating so I decided to just give it a try and see how it goes.

I met D at 11am at Outram MRT. We crossed the road to the blood bank where we went to sign up. Everything went well, I wasn't overcome by nerves .. it was a good sign. We had to go in the doctor's room and when she saw that I had checked the "have u fainted ..." she asked me when. I told her sheepishly that it happened the last time I donated blood. No other questions was asked :P

I have to say everything went as per normal, excluding my last time :P D joined me a few mins later in the donor room and was laying down on the bed beside me. Unfortunately that was as far as it went for her .... the nurses was not able to find a thick enough vein on either of her arms :( The nurses told her to lift more weights to train her arm muscles and come back in a year.

D went out to wait while I continued with my blood donation and it went well :) After resting for awhile, it was the moment of truth ..... I got up ... and walked .... There was no blackout, no dizziness.


I MADE IT!!!




The red spot at the bottom is blood transfer from the wound. I guess I took the bandage out too early.



After resting for awhile and taking the snack that was provided, we made our way to J's hse to see his newborn. D has not seen her since her birth thus wanted to go visit her.

Unfortunately the bb was asleep when we got there and remained asleep even as we got up to leave :( I was not able to take pics of the sleeping bb as I was told I couldn't. Something about superstitions and stuff.

After leaving J's hse, I made my way home from Katib. Previously, my way home would be a short train ride to AMK, then walk to the interchange, wait 15-20mins for the bus, then a 35-45mins jerky bus ride home. However .....


The Circle Line just opened!!!




Serangoon Station is the next stop from Bishan.




This was the Bishan station.




Serangoon Station ... walking to the NE line.



With the Circle line opened , I took the NS train to Bishan, then switched to the CC line to Serangoon and switched to the NE line to Kovan. It might be more switches that some might have liked but the total journey from Katib to Kovan took me about 35mins WITHOUT the headache I would get taking the bus.

I reached home and then took a short nap b4 I headed out again .... where to?


Aaron Kwok concert!!!



Hahaha ... those who knew me well must be wondering what the hell am I doing going to the Aaron Kwok concert since I am not one who listens to mandarin songs. Well, let me tell u the story of the tics ...

It was Fri (yup, the day b4 the concert) I met my sis after work and she casually told me that our mom asked if she wanted to go to the AK concert as she had a free tics. Immediately I thought of Jacq. Her love for AK first came up in our conversation when I met her the first time to pass her the LTS that her BF (now fiance) asked me to help get for her.

After calling my mom and telling her not to give her tics away, it then occured to me that if Jacq was such a die hard fan, she prob already had tics to it. But then, I was thinking that if my mom had tics, don't give it to anyone, I have more than enough friends that listen to mandarin pop that I would have no trouble finding someone to go.

However, I did not think I would have to go :P But my mom was quite adamant about it as it was tics given to her RC and she said it would not be nice if both tics was given to others and not used by her.

I checked with Jacq and surprisingly she was not going as the tics were too exp ... she then went ahead to tell me how close she was sitting during the Hong Kong concert that she went to and my heart kinda sank .... haha, my tics were definitely not that great.

I told her about my "not so great" but FREE tics and asked if she would be interested to go with a non fan. I would have gladly given both tics to her but not with my mom breathing down my neck and trying to convince my sis that she should go! I did not want to piss my mom off ...

Guess u can guess what Jacq's answer was :D

We were supposed to take a cab there but Daniel came back and drove us there instead ... so nice. Wish I could have had another tic .... but then my mom would have definitely made my sis go then. I did not bring my camera but Jacq did and took quite a lot of pics!

Surprisingly I had a nice time. Sure, I did not know most of the songs but AK is a great performer and everything was live. There was also the unbelievable stage .... u guys got to check out the pics at Jacq's blog. The only down part of the concert was when I was interrupted by a phone call .... work problem :(

The concert lasted for 3hrs and he did a double encore! We gals had to make our own way home and after a long walk away from the indoor stadium and the crowd, we finally managed to flag down a cab.

Fun nite...