Friday, May 22, 2009

Dinner @ Chomp Chomp

Its the weekend again and this time we headed to Chomp Chomp for dinner .. Ben's suggestion. Guess he misses local food.

Funny thing was that when I mention Chomp Chomp to a supplier, his answer was "Gardens?" Haha .. only ppl living near Serangoon Gardens call it "Gardens", or so I thought. Well, he said that his friend lives near there, and thus they go to Gardens often. So ... do EVERYONE call it "Gardens"? Or am I in my own little bubble? :P

Luckily it wasn't too busy at work and thus I was able to leave at about 7.15pm. I was supposed to meet Huiyi @ Serangoon MRT @ 7.45pm but was about 15mins late. We took a bus to Gardens where my sis and Ben were already waiting.

Evon joined us soon after but we still had to wait awhile b4 a table was available. After we finally got seated, we ordered our food ...


Three GINORMOUS glasses of sugar cane water. Us 4 gals shared 2 glasses and Ben had 1 on his own.




We had wings, carrot cake, hokkien mee, clams, stingray and oyster omelet. YUM!




After dinner, we headed to Liquid Kitchen where KL and his friend joined us later on.




Wonder which drink is mine ... :D




Waffle with Ice Cream and Cajun Fries. The fries were a ripoff ... cajun fries my ass!




Group pic b4 KL showed up with his friend.



KL and his friend Eusri came and at first it was weird, we were still talking among ourselves and he just sat there but after we dragged him into our conversations and he started showing us his toy collection and pics on Facebook ... haha, he went on and on.

I have to say I am quite impressed at what he has accomplished for someone so young. U can tell that he was very proud of what he has done ... who wouldn't be? Sigh, too bad I don't have that ambition .....

We left the place at about 1+am as Ben had a family breakfast and Evon had to go to work the next morning.