Thursday, December 6, 2007

After watching some chinese food show that recommended an otah (its a fish, flour, spices combination that wrapped in banana leaves and grilled ... taste alot nicer than it sounds) store across from where I lived, I started to have cravings. So guess who I dragged along with me? My sis of cos!

---

This is the store. My sis supposedly has known about it for the longest time ... "the big otah place ... I thought u knew about it," she said. I didn't know she mean literally ... it had a uber big otah as part of its sign.

---

We had their nasi lemak (coconut rice with anchovies and peanuts, ours came with a small fried fish) too. It was ok, was generous with its chili but I did not think that the rice was very fragrant, could not really taste the coconut.

---

This is the regular otah. Quite nice, with nice chunks of fish, spicy enough ... yum!

---

This is the shrimp, also as yummy :)

---

Here's the octopus/squid one .... not too bad too.

Would definitely go back there again, but they are a tad expensive. It's 50 cents for the regular one and then 60 cents for the shrimp and squid one. I think u can get otah for 30 cents? Maybe I'm wrong ... don't usually buy it. But I like the chunks of meat so it looks like I'm going to have to pay for it.

After eating, we went to do a little shopping and I was telling my sis that Starbucks was giving away free drinks (donations accepted) at ALL their outlets from 5pm - 7pm. We decided to try out luck and maybe get a free cup of coffee. But I did tell her that if the line was too long I wasn't going to do it, she agreed. We told ourselves if it was more than 10 then we would forget it. At about 10mins to 5, we made our way to the Starbucks at Compass point. This was what we saw .....

---

Holy Crap!! This was the BACK of the line! There had to be at least ONE HUNDRED ppl queuing up. SINGAPOREANS are so cheapskate! After taking a quick pic, we left .... we can afford to buy our own cup of coffee. Notice all the KIDS?!?! Guess these parents normally would spend $6 on a drink for their kids and since this it free ... SIGH! I'm so embarrassed for these ppl.