Sunday, December 30, 2007

Happy Birthday To ME...

Its another year and I am another year older. Really in my LATE 20s now, there is no turning back, its all downhill from here on out. For some reason, I really did not feel like celebrating this year. What is there to celebrate anyway?

Anyway, as a family, we would usually go out to have a meal but I told my parents that I did not want to. My mom then suggested eating home and I said I did not want anything special. But as usual, my mom doesn't listen and they (yes, they, not me) decided to have steamboat at home. My dad said that if I don't want, they have still have it on their own. The thought of going out just to escape it was in my mind but I just felt that I would prob get more crap later, so I just went on with it.

There was no cake ... I LOVE cakes, esp chocolate and I knew that it would be a downfall of mine. Plus, if I wanted one, my bro and ash would have prob got the really nice exp one like the previous year and I would be tempted to eat all of it. Better to just say ...

"I DON'T WANT CAKE!!!"

Haha, good thing about it is that I got a slightly bigger ang pow from them :) Guess they figured they would have spend more on a cake. Yes, I would choose $ over food anytime!

It was an ok dinner on the 29th, the only argument was ash saying my bro was stingy for buying too few durian puffs. It turn out to be enough (well, my sis didn't think so, but we told her she can get more on her own) as we were all too full after dinner. Plus, I had wine to get me thru the nite! :)

On the actual day itself, my friends also asked me where I wanted to go eat to celebrate. I gave them the same answer, "I don't want to go eat." And so there was a compromise, we just went out for coffee. I also did not want this huge big affair for just coffee so we just kept things at a minimum. If u were not informed, pls don't feel bad, I wanted it that way, don't mean to hurt anyone's feelings, honestly! I told my friends that we can have a get together when Shanice comes back and we can go eat then.

---

I did get some cake on my birthday but it was shared with a few so I did not feel as guilty. The taramisu had some alcohol it in so that brought a smile to my face, and then CHOCOLATE! With my usual latte with skim milk, what more can a girl (Fine! "Woman") ask for.

Stayed for a couple of hrs chit chatting and then headed home early evening. I had fun, thanks for the company and for keeping it low key. The funny thing is that I already know what I want to do on my next bday, its going to be a big one .....hmm, wonder if I can convince my friends to do it with me? :)