Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Busy Day ....

It was a busy day for me and my sis today. We had 2 movies planned out, one at 2.50pm and the other one was going to be at 9pm. In between we had nothing planned but we were just going to wing it.

---

A little photo whoring b4 we left :)

We first had Enchanted to watch. We have both seen it together just last week but my bro gave us free tics to it and since we both love it so much, we gladly went again. The show was at the end of its run, so the latest show at Cineleisure was at 2.50pm. I chose that particular cinema as it has the BEST popcorn!

We got our tics late and since it was shown in a tiny theater, we only had 1st row seats to choose from. Whatever, we have seen it, it was free, it was just for fun :) Love it even more the second time around, can't wait for it to come out on DVD so I can watch it yet again!

We then headed to Taka and I had the 小笼包 cravings. It has been a while since the last adventures of 小笼女 and 小笼妹. We headed to Crystal Jade ....

My sis was the first to notice that the menus have changed, now instead of 4 小笼包s, there were 5 per order. Hmm..... the first thing that came to my mine was that they were going to be smaller.

---

As we were waiting for our food, I couldn't help but notice this lady with her underwear showing. U can't see it in the pic but it was very LACY!! Gross ....

---

I still noticed that they showed FOUR 小笼包s in the pic on the place setting!!

---

They came and they do seem smaller .... or it could be just my mind playing tricks on me. They do cost more now, so maybe its just math.

---

Me and my 小笼包. Unfortunately, they didn't taste as nice today. The skin was tough and the service took forever. We went there just b4 the dinner crowd, so there was no excuse! Oh and one of my 小笼包 was flat and 2 of my sis's were! ARGH!!!

---

小笼妹.

---

The other thing we ordered. Deep Fried Garlic Pork Rib. Now the serving is $6.50 for ONE! We decided to give it a try as we enjoyed it b4 even though the pricing seem weird.

---

The moment we cut into it .. sigh ... disappointment! Both were so FATTY! The leaner part tasted great but the there was more fat and meat. My sis and I were just shaking our heads at this time.

Usually we would call for more 小笼包 but it was one disappointment after another and I told my sis that we should leave and go to Imperial Palace instead.

La Di La Di Da ......

We went from Crystal to Imperial in less than 5 mins. I want my 小笼包!!

---

Service was better here and they gave these great tasting walnuts coated with sugar and sesame seeds. Loved that they were not too sweet HOWEVER, after paying the bill and realising that it costs $3 for that, I would have given it a pass.

---

Our 小笼包 came and they looked really pink ... hmm, what's wrong? Yes, they were cooked.

---

Still took our customary pic ...

---

My sis ...

SIGH, it was another disappointment. This time, their skins were too THIN!! THREE broke while I was trying to lift it to my spoon! I managed to save some of the soup in them but at this time I was PISSED! And the meat was mushy, no bite to it. All I can say is ...

SOB!

I think Elsie has mentioned that u can ask for them to be changed if they breaks, or is it on at the other restaurant? Anyways, I didn't even consider that. I hate having ppl take my food back as u never know what might happen in the back ... I've heard stories and I have worked in the food industry, I know about the 5 sec rule and more!

It was a sad day for us, don't let the smiling pics fool u. Where am I going to find my 小笼包 anymore? WHERE?!?!?

We headed to Art Friend as my sis wanted to get some stuff for her scrapbooking. Took a while there as my sis was trying to figure out what works best. No prob, we had time to spare. We left Orchard at about 8.30pm and headed down to Vivo for our next movie. It was a preview screening of I Am Legend, courtesy of my bro. He could not make it as he had another to go to, for National Treasure 2. The perks of being his sisters, free movies :)

We had to collect the tics there and I had to say I was a tad nervous as sometimes these events are non transferable. I kept thinking that they would ask for ID. We stood around to see what the other ppl were doing and all seemed to get their tics effortlessly so in line I went. I saw my bro's name on an envelope on the table and when I reached the ladies at the table, I gave them his name and company and I was handed the tics immediately, no questions asked.

We made our way to the theaters and noticed this cornered off area with light bulbs flashing. My sis spotted some stars and said we should use our tics and try it out. There were ppl with preview tics that were ushered to the other end of the theater. Went up, show our tics and they asked whether we were invited guests ..... haha, "invited" I did not know what to say, so I just showed them the envelope with my bro's name (I think the company stamp on the envelope gave us the green light) and we were shown the way in ... COOL!

There were hor devours and drinks served. Felt real awkward there and did not want to embaress myself so I did not get anything to drink or eat. Yes, this alcoholic did not touch the white wine given! Plus my sis was carrying her nachos, so un atas! There were a few pics taken and I pray that they would not show up anywhere!

Looked around to try to see if I would see anyone I know but other than a couple of minor stars, nope, no one.

The movie was fun to watch, I love scary movies that have yr heart pounding and make u jump out of yr seats. My sis hates them and she thought my bro was lying when he said it had vampires. She was holding on to me for most of the movies :) It was a bit slow in the beginning but OMG, Will is SO HOT!!! That was enough to make up for it. There were parts that were a bit sad ....

When the lights came on, my sis noticed a small coin purse in the seat behind us. I went to get it and found that it had more than $20 in it .... and an ID. Damn, that meant that I had to give it to Lost and Found. Haha, yes, if there was no ID in it, I would prob have kept the $. Hey, the lost and found ppl would have done the same thing too! Do u think that all the lost $ stays lost forever? It will get used eventually by someone. I try to do good most of the time, I'm no angel. My sis and I returned a phone we found on the train once after we picked up the ringing phone and met the owner at one of the stops. I know the pain of losing my phone.

At this time, there weren't too many ppl around, we were trying to look for an employee when suddenly my sis said, "Isn't that yr friend?" Haha, it was Evon and WD! I did wonder if she would be there since she does work for the media and should have some lobangs .... What a small world! I think the next time I go to another preview I will sms her to see if she is also there :) After turning in the lost item to a couple of young employees who have just knocked off work, my sis and I made our way home .....

Tired .... now lets hope our next door neighbor is done with their drilling ... think they are doing some renovation. I NEED my sleep in the morning!