Sunday, December 23, 2007

Xmas at Christine & TY's

We had a get together for Xmas at Christine's and TY this year. And we 3 girls did the cooking. Here are some pics from that nite. There's lots, so clear your calendar!

---

Here's the turkey in the oven. Sad to say I failed in turkey duty, u will see the results later. I was so disappointed, damn!

---

Huiyi and KL, they are doing the veggie skewers.

---

All the ingredients we used for the skewers.

---

Here's Christine and TY.

---

Huiyi and I with the mashed potatoes.

---

Chips with dip. YES! That is my SPINACH DIP! I finally found the soup mix needed for it at a grocery store that caters to expats. The other is cream cheese dip, also using the same soup mix. I have yet to find pumpernickel bread that goes with the spinach dip but chips do as well. I had lots of compliments on it ... at least something went right for me.

---

Crackers with Wasabi Tuna.

---

Chye Huat, Ryan, Kelvin and TY.

---

The 3 chefs for the day, Huiyi, Me and Christine.

---

Here's Ben and Oliver.

---

KL taking the pasta out of the oven.

---

The spread ... as u can tell, my turkey had an uneven tan :( I forgot to remove the foil covering it until it was too late. Left it in longer to try to fix it but i think I made it dryer. Was so mad at myself. There is stuffing, gravy, garlic bread, salad, pasta, potatoes, veggie skewers ... a whole load of food for 11 ppl!

---

Oh, let's not forget the mushroom soup!

---

Me carving the turkey.

---

Half the table ... TY has the other half .. still waiting for him to send it over :)

---

After dinner was the gift exchange! Guess which present is mine? Haha :)

We had a recycle gift exchange this year. Each brought a gift that was new but was not suitable for them for the exchange. We then pick numbers to decide who gets first pick. Then the following number could either pick a gift from the pile of snatch the previous number opened gift .... confused? Just follow the pics!

---

TY was number one, he got this really cool cup and bowl set.

---


Chye Huat this picture frame.

---

Christine, cookies and tea.

---

KL was next and he snatched TY original gift so TY picked again and got gift vouchers to Taka. The amt was not revealed till later ....

---

Kelvin got a cordless kettle.

---

Ryan a knife set. Ok, I really did not know that it was such a big deal about giving knives. I found out later that u can't give shoes too! Something about the person leaving u? Well, if u were to give me a pair of Manolo Blahniks, I'll be your friend for life! Knives? Hmm, I guess it is something about hurting the friendship? Well, I did give Yuchien 10 cents when she gave me the carving set and we are still best friends, guess I better not mess with superstitions.

---

Haha, Ben snatched the gift voucher from TY. Wow, TY had all the popular gifts.

---

So he snatched his original cups and bowls back from KL.

---

Thus KL had to pick again ... and got this notebook and pen from Espirit.

---

Haha, the voucher was too good to pass, I snatched it from Ben!! We found out later that it was $20! Not bad!

---

So Ben picked again and got this cute bear tea pot and cups.

---

Sharon got a small pillow and a toothpaste tube squeezer thingy.

---

Haha, the BEST gift?!?! Oliver got this really sexy women's top!!!

---

Huiyi got the King Kong DVD. At the end of the nite, Huiyi took pity on Oliver and exchange her gift for his :) She was the last and I was so glad she did not take my gift vouchers! Looks like I will be buying more Little Twin Stars things from Taka! :)

---

Dessert! Log cake!

---

Sea Coconut with Strawberries.

---

The bunch of us ....

And here's more pics ....

---






Had a really great time that nite, it was lots of work but worth it. :) Thanks to my sis who helped out the nite b4 with the prep. Brought her some leftovers which I think she enjoyed :)