Saturday, April 12, 2008

小笼女 and 小笼妹 Return!

It has been awhile since the dynamic duo has gone on our 小笼包 adventures! Well, my sis said she found a new 小笼包 place and wanted to bring me there. Since my mom had a meeting this evening, we decided to head out for dinner and invited my Bro and Ash along.

---

This place is located at Hougang Mall, one train stop from my hse. I have not heard of it b4, but I was game for anything after the last fiasco.

---

八宝茶 - 8 Treasures Tea! This was pretty expensive at $2.50 a cup and they refilled it with chrysanthemum tea. However, we counted more than 9 "treasures" and when it first arrived, u could taste a little ginseng in it.

---

小笼包. These were pretty good compared to the substandard ones I have been eating. For one thing, there was SOUP in the 小笼包! Only one burst while I was lifting it onto my spoon but I managed a quick save :)

---

Shrimp Dumplings. These were really yummy and filled with lots of shrimp.

---

Chicken with "Cashews" ... well, the menu said cashews but it came with peanuts. It was ok ... love biting into the fried dried chilies but I can only imagine how fattening they are.

---


Fried Calamari ... not bad, but very oily!

---

Fried Pork Ribs. These were crisp on the outside, nice and juicy on the inside. This was $12 for the whole plate compared to $6.50 for ONE at Crystal Jade ....

The dinner was a treat from my Bro and Ash ... THANKS!

All that food and you would think I would have put on weight ....

HA!

I lost weight! Must be all the tea that I drank. Would definitely return there for more 小笼包.

Anymore recommendations? Anyone?

P.S. My sis already gave me crap about my horrible "shadowed" pics, so if u have anything to say .... ZIP IT!