Thursday, April 3, 2008

We Will Rock You!

The day has finally come! It was time to watch the musical We Will Rock You with Huiyi, the only person who answered my plea :) We had bought tics a few mths back and have been patiently waiting for the day to come.

As I was getting ready, the sky started turning dark relatively quickly ... crap ... it was going to rain. I then got a text from Huiyi telling me that it was pouring at Orchard, it was so dark that it seemed like 9pm (it was only 5+pm). Just as I was done getting ready, the skies opened and unleashed the mother of all storms ... haha, so drama :)

I was hoping that my mom would be downstairs so that I could ask her to give me a lift to the MRT. Nope, she was still upstairs. At first I did not want to go upstairs to wake her but then decided ... what the heck .... Unfortunately,when I opened the room door, I was greeted by snores from my parents. I was hit with a dilemma ... to wake or not to wake?

I decided against it as it would mean "owing" my mother even more. My sis offered to be the one to wake my mom up but I said no. It was already bad enough to ask my mom to drive me to the station but to wake her up to do it? Sigh, I really did not want to deal with the aftermath of the decision. I decided that getting wet was the lesser of 2 evils.

So I grabbed an umbrella and braved the rain ....

The umbrella did a great job in keeping my upper half dry, but my lower half was drenched! Thank god I was wearing a black nylon/polyester dress so I knew that it would dry pretty fast. Sure enough, the 15 ride on the train dried my dress till only the hem was damp.

I met Huiyi at City Hall and off we went for dinner b4 the show. We went to The Asian Kitchen at City Link Mall.

---


Chinese Salad ... has bean sprouts, seaweed, carrots and tofu. Not bad but I think the one at DTF was better.

---

Shrimp Wonton Noodles. Loved the wontons and u can bite into big chunks of shrimp.

---

小笼包! Better than Crystal Jade in terms of soup content but then the skin was pretty thick (which was prob why the soup didn't leak out)

It was then off to the theater! We got there pretty early and decided to head in first so that we did not have to fight with crowd later. The show started on the dot and the theater was packed, surprisingly for a Thurs nite. We noticed many Caucasian couples and families, as expected with musicals. I think Singaporeans have not reached that artsy fartsy level.

OMG, the show was GREAT!

I enjoyed it immensely and so did Huyi. I recognized alot of Queen's songs and even Huiyi who don't listen to English music that much recognized most of the songs too. There were many local references and the even made fun of the lead who first appeared in the entertainment scene via a reality show. I won't mention anything specific as I don't want to spoil anything for anyone who might be motivated to go watch. Its a really fun, exciting, concert type, strobe lighting, audience participating show.


You MUST GO!


---

It was more than 2 hrs long and when we left, Huiyi wanted to take a pic with the poster and I decided to join in the fun too. I had a great time and I would gladly go again if anyone needs a date ... of course I would only be able to afford the cheapest $40 tic now :)