Sunday, March 30, 2008

Getting Nibbled on :)

The girls and I went to get our feet nibbled on by fishies on Sun. I have read about it somewhere and have always wanted to try it out. The fishes are supposed to remove the dead skin on your feet and it's considered therapeutic. Well, not too sure about that, but it sounded like fun.

They have it at spas but we chose to go to a fish farm that also offered it at a very low price! We just wanted to try it out to see what's it like.

The farm is located at Chua Chu Kang .. pretty far from where I live and I had to take a damn bus then train to get there. They provide a free shuttle from the bus interchange which departs every 15mins.

I met Huiyi and Shanice on the train and we reached CCK interchange where Evon was already waiting for us.

---

Spa Fish! You pay for it first ($10 for 30mins) and they provide a small towel and flip flops if needed.

---

It's a communal area but it looks like they are doing some renovation which also prob mean that they would increase the price.

---

We had to wash out feet first then in we went into the "pool". The fish were a little tentative in the beginning but they seemed to LOVE Shanice! You have to get used to the nibbling feeling and at first it can be pretty ticklish.

There weren't ppl really checking to see that u left when yr 30mins was up so we stay about 10mins more :) After which it had already started pouring so we decided to look around at the fishes they were selling.

---

These poor fish are actually tattooed with numbers for those crazy gambling freaks to get number to buy the lottery. I wonder whether it is this procedure that has made them sick ... they were in a "sick, getting treatment" tank.

---

Look like guppies to me ....
---

Sting Rays.
---

$380 for a goldfish? There were alot of expensive fishes and they even go up to the thousands! I love fish but cooked on a plate, well .... other than Nemo of course ;)
---

More goldfish.
After walking around and taking more pics, the rain had subsided and we caught the next shuttle back to the interchange.
We were all starving by then so it was off to an early dinner at Ajisen. It was the first time I had been there ....
---

I hate and love going to new places as I always do not know what to order. I decided to go along with what Evon ordered, the Volcano Ramen. Was drawn to it as it was supposed to be super spicy but it wasn't that spicy at all. Disappointed at the spiciness and the fatty pork that was included but other than that, it was pretty yummy. The noodles are not those instant kind, they taste so much better.
---

Huiyi and Shanice had the Crayfish Ramen.
---

This was a raw squid with wasabi. This was really good, not too much wasabi that it bites and it wasn't fishy.
---

Baby Octopus. I don't like it .... I thought I would try it as it has been a long time since I've had it and maybe my taste buds have changed, but, nope, still don't like it.
---

California Roll and Tako Puchi ?? ... haha, I'm bad at remembering names.
---

Fried Silver Fish.