Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The adventures of 小笼女 continues ...

Tonite, a few of us when to Crystal Jade to celebrate Huiyi's bday. I have not been there since the last time with my sis and I was hoping that it might have improved. Unfortunately, not only have their 小笼包 not improved, I think they have dropped :(

---

Here's our 小笼包. They look so sad and shriveled. There wasn't much soup in it and what is a 小笼包 without soup?

Fortunately there were some dishes that we ordered that were yummy and it made up for the sad little 小笼包.

---

This was another 包. Don't ask me what its called .... haha, but it was fried and it tasted not too bad, not too much dough.

---

This noodles was also surprisingly good, it was spicy with a thick peanuty flavoured soup. Would definitely order this again.

---

Deep fried shrimp coated with a batter of flour (I think) and salted egg yolk. Sounds weird but this was also one of our new finds.

---

Fried Eel with a sweet sauce .... yummy, think it wasn't as sweet as b4, which is a good thing for me.

---

Wonton Soup. Yum!

---

Some radish filled thingy .... u would expect something sweet with this type of pastry but its not.

The inside .... loved this! It was piping hot when it was served and we had to nibble on it slowly and thus had the chance to really savour it.

---

Then it was time for dessert!! Its a Walnut Cheesecake. Really nutty and delicious.

---

The bday gal!

---

Huiyi and I.

---

The four of us ...

It was a nice dinner and I'm glad Huiyi enjoyed herself. There's going to be another bday celebration on Fri, the actual day, with 我们. More food to come!