Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Welcome, Adela!

Got a text from Huiyi yesterday telling that Christine has given birth and I was really surprised as she wasn't due for another mth. Was told that both mom and daughter are fine which is good. A few of us went down today to visit the new parents and their bundle of joy.

Decide to go on my own as there is a direct bus from my hse to Mt A. Luckily it only started to rain AFTER I reached the bus stop. But I kept praying that the rain will stop as I did not bring an umbrella with me.

I reached there only to be told by Huiyi that they (KL and her) will be late. What's new? He is perpetually late .... So I headed to the room myself, double checking the room number b4 knocking.

I was the only visitor at that time and Christine was breastfeeding. Adela was done and had fallen asleep still attached :) Both mom and daughter looked great!

---

She was born on 24 Mar at 1803 hrs, weighing 2.27kg (5lbs), length of 46cm (18in) and head circumference of 30cm (11.8in).

---

She's so cute and she has lots of HAIR! For a preemie (1mth 4days early) she looks big and has great color. Here she is after being fed.

As the time passed, more ppl showed up. KL and Huiyi finally showed and so did Ben. Also saw Ian and his new wife Bernice. He looked the same, no change.

Christine was in labor for about 5hrs without an epidural. Adela will have to stay in the hospital for observations at least till Thurs so Christine will be staying with her.

---

They wheeled her back in and she was wide awake! Think she has TY's eyes and Christine's nose. She was a good baby during the time we were there and seemed to be fascinated by all of us.

We left at around 10+ to let the happy parents rest and then headed to get some food as Huiyi and KL have not had their dinners. By the time I reached home it was close to midnight ....

Tomorrow? Sigh, thought I was getting away with one of my mom's event but now it looks like my plans might be cancelled. We'll see ....