Friday, June 6, 2008

Coffee with KL

KL called me late last nite and asked if I was free today. He wanted to meet for coffee in the afternoon in between appointments. For a split second, upon hearing that I would only be meeting him for a few hrs, I almost didn't want to go as it meant having to dress up, walk out to the train station, take the train, transfer to another train, walk more ..... all that for just a few hrs out.

However, I quickly kicked myself hard for having a lazy thought! KL is the busy one here, if he can find time in his busy schedule to want to meet me, why am I whining about it? Yes, it is pretty last min and only meeting for awhile, but I would rather have this than a well thought out day only to have the person consistently rescheduling or cancelling. Give me a confirmed last min 2 hr meeting anytime!

So I made my way to town and met him at 2.30pm at Starbucks(the former Coffee Bean) in Centerpoint. We had coffee and shared a slice of chocolate cake. We talked for about 3 hrs before he had to go. He had to get tics to a movie later tonite b4 heading back to the office. Was asked to join for the movie but I had already seen Sex and the City with the gals last Sat.

We parted but not before I got my hug from him :) He is the sole provider of hugs here and I really look forward to them every time. I then did a little window shopping b4 heading home.