Sunday, June 8, 2008

Crab Rage!

My mom cooked crab today and at first I was looking forward to it. I thought she was going to be making chili crab and that the crabs were those huge ones. Instead, they were small crabs and she decided to steam them.

STEAMED?

At least they aren't hairy crabs which to me are disgusting and even smaller!

I saw the unappetizing plate of crabs and I was totally disappointed. But I told myself that I should just try it, maybe it wouldn't be too bad.

WRONG!

I broke off a leg and the moment I had to struggle to try to get that minuscule amount of meat out, I gave up! It was just too much work for nothing! I threw the rest of the crab into my mom's plate and left the dinner table.

My mom started to tell me "its easy, all u have to do is ...." I told her that if they love it that much, they can have more. It was so stupid but I almost cried over it. I hate having to physically fight with my food when it is already a mental battle for me.

I have decided that I do not want to eat shelled crab anymore except soft shell crab. Give me crab cakes (OMG, the crab cakes in Maryland were delicious!), even imitation crab meat, etc... As for chili crab? I actually love the gravy with all the roe goodness better than anything else.