Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day

We went out to eat today to celebrate Father's Day. Not that I do not love my dad but I was hoping that there would not be food involved (but it'll never be). And of cos my value for money family ALWAYS chooses buffet. This time around, we went to Sakura.


Got there just as they opened for lunch.




Everything is still stocked and neat.




Yum, sashimi!




More food ...




I have had the 糯米鸡 (Glutinous Rice with Chicken) cravings for the longest time and I'm still not sick of it. This one didn't taste as good as others but it was still 糯米鸡.




Sashimi and Kimchi.




Shrimp Tempura and ..... I don't know what they are called.




Chawanmushi and soba noodles.




Some fish served with baked beans.




Squid served with more baked beans.




Chicken wings!





Paper Steamboat.




Lamb with beans (I don't think ppl actually eat the beans)




Assortment of desserts.




Eclairs! Ate too many of them :(




Herbal Jelly. Not as bitter as I would have liked it to be.




Loved their ice cream, esp their RUM and raisin :)




My mom ate like tons of rumbutan! I touched neither of them.




Each person gets ONE sweet. They should give mints!



Overall the food was pretty good and I got to eat my sashimi so I was happy. Not looking forward to the many birthday meals coming my way .... Why? Why must it always be celebrated with food and more food?