Saturday, January 10, 2009

1st Singapore Tattoo Show 2009

Umm, not sure when I first heard about this but when I brought my sis to get her belly pierced (oops, guess that was something I left out) YL saw a poster on it and mentioned he was interested in going. I was kinda interested so we made plans to go!


Its held at the Singapore Expo .. this was the first time I've been there. One day pass was S$18.




There were quite a number of booths, most of which were doing on the spot tattoos.




These full back tattoos must have took quite some time to do ...




Very fascinating ... made me kinda tempted to get one.




The lion was just done, so it was still a little red.




This was my fave. It looks really pretty. I read that it took her about a year to finish it.



We walked around, admiring all the beautiful (and some not so beautiful) tattoos while waiting for the pretty famous tattoo artist to show up. If u have watched Miami Ink, u would who I am talking about. There were a few booths that did both tattoo and piercings and I saw a few dermal piercings that caught my eye .... hmm, do I want need one?


We played around while waiting for him to show up.




He was about 30mins late :P but worth the wait ... he's cute. It was going to cost $20 for a poster an an autograph ... umm, no thanks, plus the line was uber long!



We left the expo at around 7pm and were planning to go the the airport for Popeyes but while on route there, I had a sudden craving for steamboat! So after some text messaging tag with Huiyi, we decided to go to the mala steamboat place at Katong.

Huiyi and Evon joined us and we started eating about 8.30pm and stayed there till they closed @ 11pm .. haha, we should have gone to their other restaurant just a few steps away as they close @ 2am. Anyway, we had all eaten till we were bursting BUT there is always room to la kopi!

We headed to Jalan Kayu for kopi and along the way, my sis decided that she wanted prata dessert! We had to circle the parking lot a few times b4 we got a parking space.


My sis wanted Prata Tissu but they ran out, so it was just Prata Bomb which is a Honey Prata. But its kinda weird that it still came with curry gravy.



After our kopi and teh, we made our way home .... fun day!

2nd Singapore Tattoo Show, anyone? :D