Saturday, January 31, 2009

Happy Lunar New Year!

My new year celebrations did not start until the 6th day of the lunar calendar. We first stopped by my Grandma's (my mom's side) for just a short while b4 heading to my uncle's (my dad's side) to have a family get together.


Check out the tons of food! It was a potluck.




This is my fave part of the new year ... Yusheng ... its a Singaporean thing :P




Adding more stuff to it ....




Time to mix it all up ... we say auspicious phrases while doing this.




Yummy ... just looking at it makes me hungry.




Me with my cousins' kids.




My bro and sis decided to join in the photo taking.



After the family gathering at my uncle's, my sis and I heading to KL's place for a friends' get together.


KL with his goddaughter, Adela.




Time for yusheng again!! This was made by Huiyi :)




So colorful ....




Time to toss it all up!




So grumpy here :P




Hehe ... not when I'm the one carrying her.




Or Huiyi ;)



Quite a few ppl turn up to KL's hse ... and we all had a great time there. After which we headed to a coffeshop near his hse for dinner. OMG, food again! It seemed only mins ago that I was stuffing my face.


Two noodles and a soup .... the soup was really yummy.




Oat Shrimp, Yam, Chicken and Squid!



After dinner, it was still early ... TY left to go to a friend's hse to play mahjong and Christine headed on home with Adela. The rest of us headed down to town for drinks and dessert. Yes, I know, its food food food for the whole day!


We went to Billy Bombers @ The Cathay.




An assortment of malts ... from the left ... Coffee, Cookies and Cream and Mocha.




Brownie and Ice Cream




Cheesy Fries!




Huiyi and KL.




Huiyi and Evon ... I did not know Evon don't take 3 persons shots :P




My sis and I .. the person in the middle is insignificant.



It was a long and tiring day but it was lots of fun! Until next year ....