Saturday, January 3, 2009

Cinderella

I had known that the musical Cinderella was coming to Singapore for the longest time. And when I found out that it was going to be staring Lea Salonga, it made me want to watch it even more. For all u non musical going ppl out there, she was the original Miss Saigon, was in Les Miserables (my fave musical) starring as Eponine and Fantine.

Well, I mentioned it to the gang a year ago on KL's bday and we made a promise that we would watch it together. Sure enough, when tics went on sale, we quickly bought our tics.

We decided to have a nice dinner b4 the show and we wanted to go to Space @ My Humble Hse, unfortunately, the place was closed for a wedding dinner that nite so we had to make other plans.


We decided on Al Dente which was also at the Esplanade.




It had great view from one end, but on the other side, we were looking down at a Hawker Center. What a way to spoil the mood.




Bread and pizza with Olive Oil & Balsamic Vinegar and a Sweet Potato Dip.




Another pizza with prosciutto and mozzarella cheese, an appetizer sampler, pasta and pasta ... Haha. Kind of dumb that they only had spaghetti as an option for pasta.




Umm, Veal and Beef .... which is basically the same thing, except one is from a young cow, aka calf :P. Huiyi and I share the cheese stuffed tortellini which was yummy!




Group pic!



The food wasn't that fantastic and quite expensive. We would prob not go back there again ... haha, the place also seemed a tad run down with its peeling paint and weathered chairs in the corner.

It was then off to see the musical!


My sis and I.




Another group pic ;)




My ticket stub.




Got the program as it was only S$8. Probably because this was an Asian run. Typically programs cost about S$20.




Inside ....




This was actually my second time watching the musical. The first was in USA when it was starring Deborah (Debbie) Gibson and the prince was the same guy that was in the TV movie. I managed to catch them after the show was over and had both of them sign my free playbill (wish S'pore would give them out too, but I guess they want to make $$ from the sale of official programs)



The musical was really fun and Lea was a great lead, unfortunately she was a little short when standing beside the prince so it looked awkward at times. I loved how quickly they were able to change her clothes!

"...its possible for a plain yellow pumpkin to become a golden carriage. Its possible for a plain country bumpkin and a prince to wed in marriage ..."

After the musical, TY and Christine went home as Christine wasn't feeling too well. She has been sick for some time and with the baby, they cannot prescribe powerful drugs to her. The rest of us went to TCC for some dessert and drinks.


Our drinks ... guess which one is mine :P




O had tea and we shared some chocolate goodness.




The fries are really yummy with the cheesy dip! Gotta have them again!




One final grp pic!