Monday, September 28, 2009

Lunch @ Tian Jin

We had at first planned on going to the buffet lunch @ Tian Jin last Fri but unfortunately, Ash wasn't feeling well that day so we decided to do it on Mon instead.

My family have actually eaten @ Tian Jin some time ago and it wasn't that nice, however, it seems that they have recent changed their menus and chefs and so they decided to try it out again.


Typical Dim Sum dishes and also 小笼包! Not bad.




They pushed a whole herbal chicken which really filled us. My dad was complaining that they should not have served a whole chicken even if it was small.




My mom was the only one that ate the crab. I really like the pork but it was a tad too sweet. Would have eaten more but was already stuffed.




Dessert of Mango pudding, Herbal Jelly and Red Bean with Ginko Nuts.



We had the Mango Sago which had something weird in it and we tried the hardest to figure out what it was. It wasn't a fruit and it definitely wasn't sago (that is what they tried to explain to us) It had a funny texture like tau pok .. it was just weird.

We were at first given 3 free Hi Tea vouchers to come back but because of the comment that we made about the Sago, we were given another voucher (Haha, Ash has become auntie expert already)

Overall the food was not too bad and the service was pretty good ... no grouchy waiters/waitresses :P

Guess we will be making our way back soon as the vouchers only last for 1 mth.

After lunch, my parents headed home and my sis had sch. I went to watch a movie with Ash as she had to meet my bro @ 7pm and didn't want to go home and come out again. We watched The Ugly Truth which was not too bad.

After the show, we headed down to TPY where Ash had to get something and then headed back to Orchard Road for coffee. By that time, my sis had already ended class so she joined us at Starbucks @ ION. My sis needed to meet her friend to pass her something and so we left with Ash to meet my bro.

My bro and Ash had a preview to catch and he was already waiting at the cinema when we arrived. My sis and I just wanted to say hello b4 heading off but when my bro and his friend saw us, she offered him extra tics to the preview for us too! Way cool!

So we ended up watch the movie Surrogates, starring Bruce Willis, with them. I thought the show was pretty interesting, its like a real life RPG as u can be anyone u want and hide behind a facade. My sis, however, hated it ....

After the movie, we went to pass the stuff to Gwen and then the four of us headed home.