Friday, September 25, 2009

No Doubt @ F1Rocks!

This year, in conjunction with the F1 in Singapore, they decided to also have a concert series during the season. It would be the first F1Rocks and there were a few well know artists that were headlining the concert. When I heard about it, I immediately wanted to go but then when the tic prices came out, I realized that I did not want to spend so much $$ on a concert. Moreover, even though I love the the performers, I knew that because they would be sharing the stage with other, we would not really be getting a full concert.

So, I decided to go to my source for everything cool and free ... haha, that would be my bro. Its great to have someone close in the entertainment industry ;) Well, I told him that I wanted to the 3rd day tics as there would be Beyonce and Black Eye Peas performing. My bro tried to get me to find out who was the organizers so that he might be able to approach them but when I figured out who it was, he said he doesn't know them and thus I thought my chances were blown :(

However, a few week ago, I got a text from my bro saying that he managed to get tic to the 2nd nite show! Haha, yes, I would have preferred the 3rd nite show but on the 2nd nite there was going to be No Doubt performing!

As a beggar, I can't be a chooser :D

Haha, of cos I was excited about it! It was not too long ago that No Doubt got back together to tour and it was pretty exciting that they would be making their way here to Singapore.

The concert started @ 1830hrs but the gates would open @ 1700hrs. It was a free standing concert (which is another exciting part) and so my sis and I decided to head down early to grab the best spot.


We went for dinner @ Ajisen first as No Doubt was the last act and was scheduled to perform @ 2300hrs.




We got to Fort Canning @ about 5+ and there was surprisingly not many ppl there. We can to walk one big round to get to the entrance.




There were a handful of ppl there which was good news for us. We were at the second row, right behind the ppl at the barricade.




While waiting, I decided I could use a beer ... haha, too tempting when almost everyone around us were drinking too.




Ok, someone pls tell me why it is "I am AN F1Rocks fan" Am I missing something here? Pls tell me we (as in SINGAPORE) didn't make a HUGE grammar error on an international level. Sigh ...




Beer was finished pretty fast, nothing worse than warm beer. They got the DJs from 98.7FM to host ... Muttons something?




4 acts tonite and I only knew 2 of them, Simple Minds (not that well) and No Doubt, which was the highlight of the nite!




First was N.E.R.D. They were pretty fun and tried to get the crowd revved up.




The first act was about 45mins and then there was a 30mins intermission while they changed set for the next act.




Next up was Simple Minds, the one famous song is Don't You Forget About Me. The lead singer kept saying "Is everyone ok?" which got a little irritating after awhile. Not much interaction with the audience expect to ask us to clap .... all the time :P




Surprise appearance of Lindsay Lohan. She is hosting the show that would be broadcast to 183 countries. It was earlier supposed to be Nicole Scherzinger of the Pussycat Dolls but she pulled out at last min.



Guess they couldn't afford anyone else. I guess Lindsay also happened to be in town with her gf Samantha who was DJing the F1 VIP area.

Lindsay's sis was also supposed to be there but was too shy to come out and make an appearance. All Lindsay did was read off some lines at the teleprompter .. her back was faced towards us 99% of the time. She did come out later but from where we were standing, we could not really see her and/or take a good pic of her.

We read later that she was complaining about wanting some privacy and about ppl taking her pics. Not sure if she was talking about F1Rocks but WTF, she should be glad that there was ppl that still want to take her pics. When was her last hit show? Geeze.


Next up was ZZ Top. Ok, sad to say I have no idea who they were but the crowd sure knew them, especially this one guy that was right infront of me who even had a ZZ Top t-shirt.



I got a tad bored during the ZZ Top performance but I knew the best was yet to come.

After a couple false countdowns, No Doubt finally came on stage @ about 2315hrs.


They were all in white theme outfits and Gwen Stafani looked HOT for a mother of TWO!




Spiderweb




Simple Kind Of Life




Check out her 6pack abs ... drool ... yes, I'm drooling even though she is a girl.




Running




She took out her jacket pretty soon after and was perspiring throughout. Notice her pink bra here?




Don't Speak




Just A Girl. Scroll to 2:45 when she comes down the stage. The crowd behind us rushed to the front and I think I managed to grab her hand. It was chaotic!




She changed to a green bra later on as the other got pretty drenched in sweat. They came out for a one song encore which really pleased the crowd.



The concert ended at about 0030hrs and by that time, my feet were hurting for standing for more than 6hrs. It was a slow walk to the nearest MRT station which was running late bcos of the F1.

My sis and I really enjoyed ourselves. No Doubt put on a really great show and it was worth the wait.

Thanks again to my Bro! Lovies :)