Saturday, December 12, 2009

Dinner @ J8

Ben was the one that jio (ask) us out for dinner and at first we were planning to go to Din Tai Fung @ Paragon but while talking to Evon, she mentioned that she has to work late, didn't know what time she would be done, she said that after a long day's work, she wouldn't want to drive down to town. So we decided to change the location to J8 instead so that if she decided to join us, it would be alot closer to her work place.

My mom dropped me at J8 and I went to change some $$ for my mom first. By the time I was done, Ben, Huiyi and KL had already arrived. While walking to the restaurant, I bumped into my cousin, twice, cos I got a little lost :P


We order alot of food! I think we could have ordered a smaller bowl of soup, which was neither sour or spicy :P




What's a meal at Din Tai Fung w/o 小笼包? :) The glutinous rice dumpling wasn't nice :P



After dinner, we walking around J8 for awhile to get some ideas for our Xmas party gift exchange. Sigh .. I really dread buying gifts for it as I hate thinking of something that is unisex and useful. Maybe I should just do what Kelvin does every year .. haha.

We then headed to an ice cream place near my house. It had only just opened and my sis and I did notice it. Evon mentioned that they served really nice Durian ice cream there.

On the way to Ice Edge, we swung by to pick my sis up as she wanted to join us.


We have Mao San Wang (yummy), Rum and Raisin (Rummy ^^), Green Tea, Chocolate .... umm, forgot the others. All of the flavors can be tasted b4 buying and they they were all pretty good!




Evon didn't join us till later ... had to grab a shot b4 I forgot ;)



The place closed @ midnight so it was an early nite for us. Moreover, Ben had offered to sent KL home ... all the way to JURONG!

Think our next meetup would prob be Xmas? Can't wait, lots of food and lots more pics then, I hope :)