Saturday, July 22, 2006

Dixie Chicks Concert

Just got home from the Dixie Chicks concert and it was GREAT!!! I went with Liz and her bro Daniel. We first went to Greektown where we ate at a restaurant called Pagasus. We ordered way too much food but my fave was the cheese that they fire up right at your table and yell "OPA!!!"

---
We took the People Mover to the arena. It is a subway system that serves the downtown Detroit area ..... it was a flat rate of $0.50 each way. That's Liz's hand!
---

We got to Joe Louis Arena with plenty of time to spare .... the doors weren't even open when we arrived. That's Liz's hand again :)
---

This was how close we were to the stage. It was pretty great seats ... the last time I saw the Chicks, we had nose bleed seats!
---

The Chicks opening act was Anna Nalick and I was very excited about it ... I own her cd so I knew all the songs that she sang. It was like 2 concerts for the price of 1!! And it was not a cheap tic! All the stupid surcharges! I found out that she has rereleased her Wreck of the Day cd which consists of extra tracks .... damn it.
---

Here's Liz with a free beer that we got for a guy that was sitting next to us. He bought it for his friend but his friend did not want it. We were joking about how he could have put some date rape drug in it b4 giving it to us ..... but we turned out fine and we had FREE beer .... it would have cost us $8 for a 24oz beer. What a rip off!
---

I did not take any pics of the concert as I did not bring my camera into the arena. I was afraid that it would get confiscated. The ticket said no cameras or recording devices ... however, I was slapping myself when they did not even check my bag and when I saw many others clicking away during the concert. The pics u see were all taken by my crappy camera phone which took yucky pics in the dark.

The crowd was great, I yelled so much that my throat is sore .... thank god for the beer, it helped a bit :) The sang quite a few songs from their new album and alot of their old favorites.

One thing that was a little strange was that they did not have any of their new album (or their old albums) on sale at the concert ..... I wonder if sales from a concert is taken into account for record sales ..... maybe they want ppl to go to a store to get it. Or maybe it is the first concert of the season and they have not have everything planned out yet.

---
Here's my tic!!
---