Friday, July 7, 2006

Stopped by Owen this morning to pick up some stuff that I had hitchhiked in Nikki's luggage. Was nice to see the ppl that I used to work with but did not miss the work :)

Was hoping to pick up the letter of reccomendation that Mike G wrote for me but he is on vacation and I could not find it anywhere in his office. Felt a little awkward searching through his office as that is where the safe is too ..... I don't think they have changed the combination yet and I do not want to be a suspect if anything happened. While leaving, I stopped but Wendy's and she printed me a copy of the letter and I have to say that I was a little touched with what he wrote ... haha, I'll prob find out later that he uses a template for everyone.

Went to the library and while driving home, this was what I saw ....

A well dressed guy ..... nice pants, long sleeve shirt, tie .... was standing at a junction corner holding up a sign. The sign read "We're Open - Verizon" However, the word Verizon was so small that if u are just driving by, u prob would not have caught it. It is just so sad that they make u dress up for work only to have u stand in the hot sun holding up a damn sign! I have seen guys from pizza places holding signs but never one so well dressed .... I felt slightly bad for him. I wonder how many ppl actually went to the store (which I still have no idea where it is) b'cos of the sign ..... "oh, look honey, a brand new verizon store, let's sign up for a phone right now!"

Got home, called a salon to set up an appointment for a haircut. It was a place where students cut your hair under the supervision of instructors. It was only $15 and they have a strict no tipping policy. Yes, I am cheap in certain aspects. They did a pretty good job .... sorry shanice, no bangs, could not bring myself to do it :) I now have hair just past the shoulder, I had about 8 inches cut off!

Stopped by B&N and bumped into Nikki and Bryan, chatted a little ... Nikki and I are planning a pedicure trip!

Went back home, got the mail out of the mail box ..... let me just say, this is when u know that u have spent too much at a store .....

I actually got a handwritten card from the saleslady at Coach! When I first saw the envelope, I was thinking ... I do not know anyone in Vegas, who is sending me a card? And guess what else came in the mail? I have earned enough points to exchange for a Coach gift card and it also came in the mail ....... it is a sign! :)

Called up Elyse to check on her, she is doing fine, her 'gina hurts. I went over to visit her so that I could drop the cds that I burned for her. We hung around for awhile, she burned me a cd, we watched Nanny McPhee. Elyse then proceded to feed her pet snake, here is a video clip of it ... the first part is slightly dark but it gets brighter.



You can hear me "eeewing" in the background :)

Liz stopped by with Bre and Caylinn and later brought them to the park to play. Elyse, Elyse's mom, Amanda and I then headed to NCG to watch Lake House. It was a nice movie, like the story line but I was a little dissapointed that I did not cry! But still, I had a great time :)