Saturday, March 24, 2007

This morning, my sis and I decided to go to the HSBC Tree Top Walk at McRitchie Reservior. I had heard about it from my friends and had wanted to try it out. Since I was off today, we went ... plus, I was feeling guilty about all the dinners I have been going out on and the one that I will be going for again tonite .... CRABS!! :)

Anyway, back to the walk .... we took a bus there and we started the walk at 9.20am

---

It was a 5km walk just to reach the Tree Top walk!

---

Singapore's famous McRitchie Reservior ... were all students have gone to do their cross crountry.

---
We took the yellow route, however, with the detour for the Tree Top walk, it was actually more than 11km. Click here for a larger map.

---

Canoeing at the reservior.

---
Official start of the trail ....

---

0km ... start walking ....

---

Finally reaching the entrance of it.

---

Some facts about it. Only 30 ppl are allowed on the bridge at one time and there is a guard (who was dozing off when we were there) at the start of the 1 way bridge.

---
My sis.

---

My sis and I

---

The bridge for the tree top walk.

---

View from the bridge.

---

Moi!

---

It took us 3hrs 40mins to finish the walk. It was a great workout. Some parts were harder as the ground was uneven and rocky. There was also one part where we had to climb a flight of stairs. Even with the canopy overhead most of the time, I still managed to get a slight sunburn on my shoulder. I told the Huiyi, TY, Christine and KL about it and now they want to go do it ... looks like I might be going back sooner than later :)