Wednesday, June 13, 2007

小笼包!

Ok, u guys know that I have been craving for 小笼包 (Small Basket Dumpling) for awhile now. I did have some a few weeks back, one with LC and another time with Evon, Huiyi and KL, both at Din Tai Fung. However, I still think that the ones at Crystal Jade are better, so I decided to go with my sis today.

---

A write up on their 小笼包. Blah blah blah ... just give me the food!

---

Braised Beancurd Skin. It was ok .. there were mushrooms inside.

---

On the left is Chicken with Cashews and Chilli, on the right is Crispy Pork Rib. Both were yummy.

---

The star of the meal ..... 小笼包! These are bigger than the ones at Ding Tai Fung, more bite to them ... but I have to admit that these seemed to have alot more MSG in them ... we were thirsty like mad after the meal. Haha, it could be also that we ate alot more here than at Din Tai Fung.

---

I'm a happy camper!

---

Close up of a 小笼包! There's an average of 18 folds per dumpling .. haha, yes, we counted them ... I was admiring them while waiting for them to cool slightly.

---

First u have to bite the skin, suck out the soup, dip it in vinegar and ginger and then eat it.

---

Here's the inside ....

I ate a total of THIRTEEN 小笼包! We ordered 6 baskets (plus all the other food) and my sis let me have the last one from hers cos she knew I love them :)

I was so full after that ... GROAN ... diet time again.