Friday, June 8, 2007

So pissed off at someone .... she was correcting the way I was pronoucing a word. When I say the color red, I guess I pronouce it more like "rAd" instead of "rAdE". To me it is one of those, I say "poTAEto", u say "poTAto", I say "toMAEto", u say "toMAto" kinda thing.

And what really annoyed the crap out of me was that just a few days ago, she also pronouced a word "wrongly" ... the word is "calendar". In Singapore, ppl pronouced it as "KERlender", however, in the US, it is pronouced "KAlender" (rhymes with "care") I learnt it the hard way after I got laughed at by my american friends. When u say "KERlender" they think u mean "colander" .... it is "a metal or plastic container with a perforated bottom, for draining and straining foods". I just think it is funny that she pronouces it that way and yet she is correcting the way I pronouce red ... I so wanted to tell her u why don't u try saying "KAlender" first ....

Other words that I was laughed at .... "broccoli" I used to say "BRERccoli", but after being laughed at, now say "BROCcAli" And the ever famous ... "three", it is "THree" not "TRee" Still have trouble with my THs, very self conscious when saying "thirty". That's why I HATE the number 3, cos I can't pronouce it ....

Now if only I can say "forks" .... FUCK! :)