Thursday, November 15, 2007

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang

Went to watch Chitty Chitty Bang Bang at the Esplanade with my sis on Thurs. The tics have been bought a few mth back. This was my sis's first musical so it was pretty exciting.

---

One shot for the road ...

We left the hse early so we could get dinner b4 the show. We decided to go to Sushi Tei .. yes, AGAIN! We went to the outlet at Raffles City which was one that we have not been to b4 .. and I have to say that all the Sushi Teis are NOT consistent!

At least this time we were given a table and not seated at the counter. However, I think it was time they clean their fabric seats .. it was a tad disgusting!

---

Miso soup. Not too bad.

---

Sashimi Salad ... disappointment ... very small pieces of sashimi. Think the one at Vivo gave the most. If u scroll down and see the pic from Christine's bday at Paragon's Sushi Tei, u can see a HUGE difference!

---

Umm.... cooked salmon sushi or something ...

---

Scallop .... not as much as the other time either.

---

My fish roe sushi. No complains here :)

---

Smoked Eel with rice. According to my sis this was much better here than at Paragon. Loved it! Gave alot of eel ... YUM!

---

Softshell Crab Handroll. These were huge! Made up a little for the pathetic salad we were given ... a little.

After dinner, we made our way to the esplanade. Thought they had the car displayed outside but nope. We went to the roof to take a few pics b4 heading into the theater.

---


The musical was really really good. We were seated on the fourth row from the from, slightly lower that the stage level. However, because alot of the scenes were played out at the front of the stage, it was perfect.

I recognized most of the songs, think there might be only 1 new song as compared to the movie. The story was changed slightly from the movie, never read the book, so maybe they were following the book instead. The car was a blast and it actually FLEW!! The mechanics of it were hidden so well that we could hardly see it. U really had to concentrate to notice it. The car also leaned back and front to the point where it was almost vertical. Think it was real cool.

Sometimes it was hard to understand what the actors were singing but 'cos I knew what the story was, it wasn't such a big deal to me. Thought that the lead actor looked a little old for the lead actress but then I think I might be bias towards the movie version.

Overall it was a fun musical. My sis enjoyed it a whole lot and so did I. Think I enjoyed it better than The King & I.

What's next? Rumors of Cinderella coming next year with Lea Selonga .... Über EXCITING!!

P.S. "Über" is my new favourite word! It means super/very. Click here for a better explanation!