Friday, November 23, 2007

It was Thanksgiving and I knew the whole Scheffler gang was going to be at Yuchien and Jeff's so I logged on at about 5am S'pore time. Yes, I was still awake ....

Thought it would cheer me up but I think it depressed me even more. I wish I was there. I miss them so much, the kids, the company, the food, the hugs, the kisses. I was chatting with the kids with everyone else jumping in once in awhile.

I don't know, I just can't get into the Xmas mood over here. It's hard when it is 100 degrees! I miss the family aspect of Xmas and thanksgiving. Guess for that to happen, u must have a family that u actually want to spend time with. I just seem to feel that there is more bickering than love when it comes to my family, extended inclusive. I miss the warmth of home gatherings, the enjoying of a bottle of wine (fine .... a half dozen?) with the rest of my alcoholic friends.

Don't get me wrong, I love my friends here but its so much easier being the loner/hermit when all of my friends have family, work and LIVES! I try to make myself get out of the hse but usually just end up on the computer doing useless stuff. Want to get a job but then it goes back to the million dollar question .. what the hell do I want to do? Or rather, the question should be what the hell am I CAPABLE of doing?

Sigh .....