Monday, November 12, 2007

Sunday High Tea

Met up with the gang on Sun which felt very weird as we usually meet on Fri or Sat. We went to Fish and Co located at the Glass Hse. We met up at 2.30pm ... Ben picked the time ... yes, it is a little late for lunch.

Only Huiyi, Ben and I ate as KL wasn't hungry and Yvonne had a dinner to go to and did not want to spoil her appetite.

---

Salad with fried garlic and anchovies. When it first came it looked as if it wasn't very fresh but it was actually not too bad. I think it is the dressing that made the greens looked a little brown.

---

Seafood Chowder. Damn, I miss Grandma Mary's chowders! Not too bad.

---

Fish and Chips. Quite good, love the fries! They were seasoned with some sort of paprika salt mixture. The fish reminded me of the fish I used to have at that Irish place .....

---

Seafood platter. Hmm, ok, I guess. Would have preferred fried calamari. Loved the tartar sauce though :)

---


After that, KL had to go back to his office and Yvonne made her way to her other appointment. The rest of us made our way to Isetan, Scotts as Ben needed to do some bday shopping. As he had to go home for dinner, we did not have part 2 like we usually do.

I told Ben to drop me off at Plaza Singapura as I did not feel like going home. Plus I wanted to visit the cd shop to get something. I sms KL and found out that he was having dinner nearby. I told him that if he wanted to meet up to let me know. He joined me about 1/2 later and we went to do some music shopping and I got my my my new Carrie Underwood cd :) Tried to look for more country albums but unfortunately they did not have what I wanted. I love going to Sembawang Music at PS as the ppl there are always very friendly ... yes, I do feel guilty downloading songs online and so I do buy cds.

We then headed to Starbucks for coffee .... chatted till about 10+ b4 making my way home.

Sigh .. Ben is going to India, Yvonne is going to Vietnam, KL is über busy .. wonder when we will get another meetup.

Anyway ... countdown to Chitty Chitty Bang Bang on Thurs!!