Sunday, July 27, 2008

Durian Fiesta!

My mom's NC organized a Durian Fiesta and my friends were interested in going. We had talked about eating durians for the longest time but I did not want to go to JB to do so. So when my mom told me about this event, I informed my friends.

Initially, it was only to be Shanice, Huiyi and I going. Then YQ was added as it turned out he was coming back the nite b4 and not the nite of. Evon had a medical check up and didn't want the durian to mess up her results, plus, she was going to have a durian thing the previous week. But plans changed and we convinced her that a few durian wouldn't fail her. My mom managed to get a tic for her as by that time, it was all sold out.

On the day of, my mom asked if I needed more tics as a few ppl backed out. The first person I thought of was WT. He looked pretty sad yesterday when he found out we had this going on. I sms him and got a reply, yes, he was ON! Haha, so an initial 3 became 6, plus my sis equals 7.


*COUGH*"...company of fellow residents..."*COUGH*




My mom is in the green shirt behind. My uncle was the one that took the pic. Ate till I was bursting! The durians were delicious but I think I'm going to stay away from them for awhile.



After stuffing our faces, we made our way back to my place to change. We were going to Zouk! OMG, we all smelled of durians! LOL.


Squeezing behind the Ferlorry. This was nothing compared to when we had to fit behind Ben's rental convertible that basically had a non existence back seat.




Love black light :)




The gals.




Evon and WT.




My sis and I.




Alcohol! Haha, but I didn't drink much that nite as there is some myth about mixing alcohol and durians .. didn't want to risk it.




Way too many ppl. Didn't anyone have to work the next day? Got sick of the hse music after awhile. Techno? WTF?




Taken outside Zouk.




Our Sex and the City shot :) Who is who? I'm Sam ....



Fun times with friends, treasuring every moment b4 someone leaves :( Another meeting on Wed, more pics then.

P.S. Thanks to Shanice for all the pics!