Saturday, July 12, 2008

Southern Ridges Walk

The day started way too early for me! I had to drag my lazy butt out of bed at 6:45am .. wanted to be up b4 Huiyi's morning call at 7am :) We were supposed to meet at HarborFront MRT at 8am but my sis and I left the hse late (her fault). Fortunately, the rest of the gang were not on time either :)

After a quick breakfast and my much need cup of coffee, we set off!


Our starting point. It was going to be a long walk, or so we thought ....




This was at the start of the Henderson Wave.




What laid ahead for us.




Henderson Wave




My sis and I




Scenic shot ... concrete jungle :P




Cool sign, following the "wave" concept.




The walkway of the Forest Walk .... walking on metal sure makes me feel like I am in a forest.




Alexandra Arch.



KL had to leave after the arch as he had the whole day packed back to back with activities.


We arrived at HortPark ... the walk was almost done.




Really nicely done ....




There were concept gardens in the park ... this is what my friends want my dad to have in our hse :)




Trying to find our way ..... I love how professionally the signs are done.



When we got to the end of the walk, it only took us about 2 1/2 hrs. It was stated in the newspapers that it was a 5-6hrs slow walk. We could not have been any slower! And that includes breaks in between and all the photo taking.

Overall this wasn't much of a challenge, think the biggest challenge for me was getting up in the morning to actually do it. But it was fun :) Think I would prefer this over Bukit Timah Hill ... OMG, those stairs! For more info, pls go here. The website is really nicely done .... now to only change those goddamn homemade signs along the walk to make the whole experience look as calm and serene as portrayed on the site.

We then took a bus back to HarborFront and had lunch. My sis had to rush off to work after a quick bite whereas the rest of us headed to Starbucks for more caffeine.

It was an early day for 我们 as Huiyi had dinner plans. I headed home, took a shower and then took a nap .... aahhhhh .... my bed missed me in the morning!

P.S. Shanice sent me more pics but I stupidly insisted that they would stay in our sharing folder after she deleted them on her side. However, when I logged back on to Messenger, they were gone! :( Shanice ... can I PLEASE have them again :)