Saturday, July 26, 2008

YQ is home!

YQ came home after being away for a long time. We decided to go to the airport to welcome him back and have our coffee session there :). His flight was scheduled to land at 11.25pm so we only met up at about 9+pm. Funny thing was that my dad was flying off that nite too but I didn't hitch a ride with him as it would have been awkward in the cab .... TOTAL silence .... no thanks!

We (Evon, Shanice, Huiyi, WT and I) first went to Popeyes for some mashed potatoes and fries, mainly because we needed spoons to eat Shanice's Tiramisu. This time around it was not as sweet and pretty yummy. We finished it in record time .. I think I ate most of it .... the draw of alcohol :) After which, we found a cafe that was right next to YQ's luggage belt and we sat for coffee.


Shanice and Huiyi had this uber sweet and thick concoction.




WT's ice blended coffee.




Evon's mocha drink. It had this really nice hazelnut taste.




My usual cuppa.




This pic was taken with Shanice's new camera!



YQ's flight was on time and we left soon after and made our way to Jalan Kayu for supper! YQ hasn't had prata in forever.


Mutabat - Prata with meat. I think I prefer plain prata with egg and/or onions.




Curry to go with the prata.




Satay.



After supper, we all went home as we were going to meet again the next day.

Great to have a friend back, even though its only going to be for a week, then its goodbye again :(