Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Ma La Huo Guo!

Evon promised YQ that she would bring him for Ma La Huo Guo (Spicy Steamboat) when he was back so on Wed that was where we went.

I met my cousin to pass her a cd b4 heading down to Tanjong Pagar to meet Huiyi (but not b4 making a pit stop at 2 Sanrio shops ... check for updates on my LTS blog soon). Initially, Shanice was going to pick us up at the station but she was running late so we made our way to the restaurant on our own. It was a pretty short walk and we made it there in no time.

The restaurant was a small, no frills place and had been recommended by Evon. While waiting, I started taking pics but was stopped by one of the aunties there. Well, technically she didn't stop me but she said that one of the other employees was a blabber mouth and that she would complain to the boss and so on and that they would get in trouble ..... I don't know, she herself went on and on and I shut off :)


This was the only pic I managed to take.



Shanice and YQ arrived first b4 Evon, who was caught in a jam. We ordered first while waiting. Shanice managed to secretly take some pics using her cell phone (waiting patiently for them ^^) They had a pretty good selection of food and the Ma La was really really SPICY. We had to get them to add regular soup base to the spicy side to dilute it a little.

We order so much food and we all ate till we were bursting! Well, I did. However, after that, it was decided that we needed dessert ... all YQ fault, he hasn't had local desserts in a long time and it was time to "stk up" b4 going back to the US.

We made our way to Upp Thompson using Evon's spanking new GPS. It is a pretty cool device but it doesn't always lead u via the shortest route. Hearing it say "Freeway" was one of the highlights.

We chatted more during dessert but had to call it an early nite as Huiyi had to go to work the following day.

P.S. Will update with more pics when I get them