Saturday, July 5, 2008

Happy 65th Birthday, 姑妈!

*EDIT* More pics courtesy of LY, pls scroll down :)

My 姑妈 celebrated her 65th birthday on Sat. It was a really fun family (my Dad's side) dinner, nothing compared to my Grandma's (on my Mom's side) family dinner last weekend. Hence no update on that one .. haha.




Gim Tim, the same restaurant as my Dad's 60th last year.



The had recently changed chefs so we were a little weary about how the food would taste. My parents and siblings had gone to their buffet awhile back and did not have any nice things to say about it.

However, the food was good! Also better than last week ... but as my mom said, u pay for what u get .... this dinner cost more than double last week's.




Cold Dish. Yum .. Suckling Pig, Roast Duck, Jellyfish and Porkbelly.






Shark's Fin. This was not as good as it could be. My least fave of the nite.






Steamed Fish. Fresh and delicious!






Abalone with Sea Cucumber and Veggies.






Scallops and Clams with Broccoli. Think this was my fave :)






Garlic Prawns .... there supposedly wasn't enough for everyone to have a piece but I got mine and I wished there were more.






Seafood Noodles. Another winner ... I was stuffed by then but still finished my bowl as it was too good to pass.






Last course ... Yam with Ginko Nuts. It was supposed to be something else but my mom talked to the ppl working there and they said we could change :)






Birthday Cake! The word means longevity ..... correct me if I am wrong, my mandarin sucks :P






The birthday lady :)






The bouquet was bought by Charmaine. Here we are singing Happy Birthday.



The best thing about the nite was listening to my relatives sing. We booked the karaoke room on request of one of my uncles. The young ones started singing first and by the end of the nite, the adults joined in ... INCLUDING MY DAD!

*Wanted to post a short clip but Blogger is being a PAIN!!!!*

There were more family pics taken by others and I will hunt them down! LOL.


Family pic with 姑妈.




Kimmy and Lui Zheng and I.




All the cousins! There is supposedly another cousins pic of when we were kids *shudders with fear*




And finally .... a very precious FULL family pic :)