Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Cleaned my room ....

After being gone for so long, my dad turned my room into another storeroom (god knows that the whole house is a storeroom) Well, I guess when your daughter decides not to come home for 4 years, it was just too tempting for him to resist.
Anyway, this was what my room looked like when I came back in Sept.

---

My bed is under all the crap ....

---

My desk, hidden behind more stuff .....

---

More stuff .... I wanted to cry when I saw how my room has become

---

When I first came back, I slept in my bro's room. He has long moved out of the hse but it still kinda his room as all his comics, books and other crap was still in there! I had to make space for my stuff but I did not know what can be thrown and what he wanted to keep.

You would think that if he has not needed any of the stuff in his room for the past 2-3 years that basically everything could be thrown away. However, with my dad around, throwing stuff away is a no no (as u can tell from previous pics).

I stayed in his room for awhile but I knew that I wanted my old room back even though it was half the size of my bro's room. At least I knew what stuff of mine I did not want and asking my dad to move his crap to another spot in the hse was no problem.

It was a long and tedious process. I did it little by little .... there was just so much to be done and too many layers of dust to remove. The things that I decided to keep 6 years ago were now junk! I wondered why I kept them in the first place.

Anyway, I finally got it done today :)

HIP HIP HOORAY!

Here are the after pics.

--- Look familiar? Those dice are from my car too!

---

I rearranged my furniture with help from my sis. Move the bed to the other side of the wall. Those boxes on the floor are all my books, yes, romance books. There are a couple more boxes still in my bro's room. I want to get a BIG bookshelf and place it where all the boxes are now.

That's Ernie hanging from the cord to my ceiling fan :)

---

There's my bed. I have yet to put sheets on them as I want to wash them first. That's my vanity ... the shelf at the bottom is actually seperate.

I think I might have to get another smaller bookshelf and place it beside my vanity. I could not believe how many books I have .... you would not either ;)

Hopefully I will be moved into my room by the end of this week. It is really nice to be in a room where everything is yours. We will still use my bro's room as our entertainment room as the tv, dvd player and xbox is there.

Room Sweet Room :)