Sunday, August 26, 2007

Car Shopping!

No, not for me ... it was for Ben. Well, I had actually planned on spending a lazy afternoon at home doing absolutely nothing but when I was online chatting with Ben, he asked whether I could bring him go test drive some cars since his rental was in the shop. I was bored, it sounded like fun, plus after all the times Ben has been driving us ard, it was the least I could do.

I borrowed the car from my mom, not telling her where I was going and then drove down to YCK MRT to pick Ben up. Haha, would have love to have gone to Yishun to pick him but I don't know the roads that well here so he spared me the grief by coming down to meet me :)

And of cos the first thing I told said to him when I saw him ....

You drive!

Haha, hate driving when there is another person in the car that knows how to drive too. Also, I had no idea where we were going and it would be a pain havin to take directions on every single turn! Guess that comes from the fact that my mom is a horrible backseat driver. Never had the problem in the US, but then I know the roads there and ppl there are more friendly on the roads.

We made our way to the car dealership .. first stop, Toyota! He test drove the Toyota Vios. Not too bad a car, I called it cute cos it had seemed like a real compact car .. short back and front. The one thing I really loved abt the interior was that the middle portion of the floor was flat. I know, its stupid but it nice to be able to sit in the middle and not open yr legs or have yr knees to yr chin.

---

Toyota Vios.

Next stop, Hyundai Avante. Sigh, why did have to be a Korean car? The car was really quiet and it had really cool blue interior lights on the dashboard. The interior was slightly more roomy but I felt it looked cheap ... and it had the bump in the middle. Did I mention it was a KOREAN car? :)

---

Hyundai Avante ... yes, I took the pic from the brochure.

Next stop was Mitsubishi Lancer EX. It was prob the best looking one of all, very sporty, love the all black interior, but it was noisy! And Ben said that it did not have much power, plus it was the most expensive one of the lot. So it went off his list ....

Sorry, no pic.

Wanted to test drive the Suzuki SX4 but there wasn't a dealership in that area, plus we ran out of time. Each car took about an hr with all the talking to the salesperson and calculating interest and stuff.

It was fun, I told Ben the next time we should test drive cars we cannot afford! More fun! Anyway, I dropped him back at YCK b4 heading back home, had to return the car by 7pm. Was a little late but I went to pick up my bro and ash, so my mom did not bitch.

Hmm, so now it is all up to Ben, whether he wants to commit to a car and which one .... Haha, I already told him that I better be one of the first ones to sit his car if he gets it! :)

So, Ben, decided already? :)