Saturday, October 14, 2006

Dinner with the family ....

Went out with the family tonite to celebrate my dad's and bro's bday. After much deliberation, we finally decide on Spring Court Restaurant located in Chinatown. The restaurant has moved several times and supposedly my dad has eaten at all of these locations except the one that we went to tonite.

We ordered quite a few dishes, I wanted to take more pics but my family were looking at me weird .... haha, so I just stopped at 2.

---My place setting. I know I know, it is kinda lame ...

---Peking Duck. They first skin the duck, u wrap the skin in a small crepe with cucumber, some other green veggie that I forgotten the name of and a special sauce. After that, they would bring the duck back to the kitchen, chop it up and serve it again. Chinese have weird eating habits.
---

A nice dinner with the family and sure enough some arguement had to arise. My bro msg me earlier and asked whether I would pay for dinner and I said I would since him and his wife were going to give my dad an ang pow (a red packet with money in it) When the bill came, my bro first paid with his credit card (as I don't have one) and I was going to pay him back later. However, my mom saw my bro giving me the receipt and I made the mistake of telling her her the reason was that I was paying the bill .....

Now my dad asked my mom to give me the money for it, that I should not be paying for it because I am not working .... My mom said that last year, they gave my dad an ang pow AND paid for dinner, so why must I pay for the full bill? 50% would have been reasonable. Why is it so hard to be a good person? Why can't I pay for it? It was only about S$170, it is really not that much. If my bro and I agreed on it, what is the problem?
And the last time I checked, it was also my brother's bday, can't I do something nice for him too? I did not get him a gift as he is a hard person to shop for ... I have no idea what toys he has and what he likes, plus he told me I didn't have to. So why can't this be my gift to him?

ARGH!!!